ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:39:20 -0600
Idolatry is the worshiping of idols I suppose.  Statues, images that sort of
thing?
I also read somewhere, on the net, not in the bible, that the devil could
work through such idols.
I'm flashing on the my buddy doll and chuckey just now.  hahahah
I was just wondering about this.
Back when Terri and I couldn't seem to get pregnant, I actually looked
around for a fertility statuette or something of the sort.
I didn't intend to make offerings to it or anything it was more of a good
luck charm idea or just an interesting curiosity.
I suppose a statue of Mary would be the best thing for our culture.
I never found anything I was interested enough to buy by the way.  Well, we
did make a purchase which we believe aided in our attempt to get pregnant
but it was not a statue or anything.
Just curious as to what you folks had to say about idolatry.  I know it is a
lust of the flesh.

Matt