ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 2003 21:02:08 -0600
Well, I guess you are supposed to hold people to a certain standard in your
mind.  Heh, sounds like a definition of judging though.
Still, it's automatic when being relational with a person to look for things
in common, not things you don't have in common.
Although I know some hicks who love to disagree because they more they
disagree, the louder they can get and I guess, in their minds, the more
right they will be when the yelling match ends and they are right!
hahahahah
Jimmy Evans said that in his group of friends they keep each other on the
correct path because it is understood that they would not tolerate a friend
going outside his marage or lusting after another or anything like that.
We shy away from people who have lifestyles or opinions we can't except.
For instance, we have friends who are married and the man in the
relationship attends lots of batchler parties for coworkers and friends and
he and his wife got in a huge argument once because while attending one of
these parties all of the guys, including our friend chipped in money to get
the groom an extra service from the girl they highered to strip at the
party.
Not that highering a stripper isn't already enough of a bad thing to do for
your friend who is about to submit his life to marage.
I don't know, it's got to be ok to assess and it's almost impossible to keep
from judging.
This is a sticky one.

Matt