VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 10:00:32 -0700
Hi All,

Like most people on this list, I have my desktop computer set to log
into my home wi-fi automatically, and up until recently, this has worked
just fine.

As of a couple of months ago, however, I sometimes find that the
computer doesn't connect to wi-fi. I need to go into the system tray,
hit the context key on the network (which has high signal strength but
to which the computer is not connected), disconnect, then check the
Connect Automatically option again. I'd say this happens about one out
of every three times I power up. Btw, I turn my system off at night, a
practice I've always followed.

Now, I have a laptop, which isn't set to connect automatically because I
sometimes take it to work, where I have to manually connect, and I
notice that I often have the wi-fi connection issue on my home computer
after using the laptop. Initially, my thinking was that the two were
related because I'm using the same Microsoft account, which seems to
save some settings. I still think that, so I'm not surprised when I have
the wi-fi issue on the home computer after I've used the laptop.

But lately, I've been experiencing the wi-fi issue at home even in weeks
when I haven't used the laptop.

Does anyone have any thoughts about what could be going on? Connecting
again is not a big deal, so the problem is more annoying than anything else.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]