VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan TeVelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:01:32 -0600
Yes speech recognition is a great thing.  If you have a scanner there is a windows application you can use to scan Braille  and then store it as an electronic file.  I think the file is stored as a Grade Two Braille file so you would have to figure out a way to proofread it and decide how you would want to save the information.  I can't remember the name of the application but I know the National Library Service uses it to make electronic copies of books and Braille music which are deteriorating.  Check out the NLS website and see what you can find.

Thanks,
Dan