VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan TeVelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2021 14:41:51 -0500
Hi All,

I agree this is bad news. The Obama administration had the opportunity of completing rule-making but ignored the information which was passed on to the Justice Department. It's not surprising that the judges who reversed the decision are Trump appointees. The good news is that the National Federation of the Blind has proposed new legislation that would specifically address web and mobile accessibility as items where action can be taken. The legislation is working its way through Congress so it could be awhile before it makes a difference. Right now our best hope is that the president takes executive action. If you want more information about the proposed legislation go to the NFB website.

Thanks,
Dan