VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christopher Chaltain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2021 09:44:47 +0000
I got the V7 Bluetooth headphones from AT Guys. They were only $40. They've become my go to pair of wired headphones to use on my PC. I just find them to have better sound quality and a bit easier to use then my 3.5MM headphones. They also have their own volume and mute switches on the wire, so it's nice not to have to look for a button in Teams or use a hot key. I know you can get 3.5MM headphones with similar options.

I never worry about my Bluetooth headphones losing power during the day. I keep them charged, and they have good battery life. I guess I should point out that I use the Trekz Titaniums for work and meetings, which have good battery life and will last through an entire work day on one charge. I don't tend to use my Airpod Pros or Bose Frames for work and meetings, but if I did then I would worry about the batteries dying, since they don't keep a charge for very long.

As for whether to go wired or wireless, I think that just depends on the situation. For my laptop, which pretty much just sits on my desk right now, I tend to grab my Bluetooth headphones, but if I'm going mobile with my phone then I'll grab a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

--

Christopher (AKA CJ)

Chaltain at Outlook