VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Oct 2019 11:17:09 -0400
Here is an article link which seems to present a nice balanced view of
both sides.

https://www.cnet.com/news/why-the-fate-of-online-accessibility-may-rest-with-a-dominos-pizza-lawsuit/

One of the issues the Court has to deal with whether it wants government
involvement in net regulation such as the FCC does with conventional
media.
One work around that I see, as we're dealing with commerce in the Dominos
example where they are attempting to sell products from their
stores/restaurants,
that, in effect, mandating accessible websites (whatever that means) makes
sense as the site is used to purchase product.

There is no guarantee as to what they will rule and what parts of the case
they will choose to address.
They might only address an issue or 2 leaving the rest in tact for the 9th
appeliate district.
Whatever happens, probably a lot of people will not be made happy and left
confused.

Regulation is not necessarily good nor benfits those intended to assist.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]