AAM Archives

African Association of Madison, Inc.

AAM@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AAM (African Association of Madison)
Date:
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 08:58:11 -0600
i'll be more than happy to add subscriptions to the list, or you
can do it; your call.  but we need to wait till the welcome
message is set you before we add subscriptions.  one note of
caution: before adding all the names, it would be prudent to
subscribe just one person to see how the list is working. btw,
this message is being copied to the list as a way of testing it; if
we get it sent from aam, then the list is working ok.

also, you may have trouble attempting to set the welcome
message without a password.  if memory serves me, you need
to send a message to listserv with the command:  SET
PW=yourpassword.   if this is not the right command, listserv
will respond by indicating the correct command.

for further info, you may want to take a look at a short version of
the listowners handbook that Dr. Z. posted onthe web at
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/qs-index.html

please, don't hesitate to call if I may be of service.

thanks. pm    :-)

>>> "Katim S. Touray" <[log in to unmask]> 10/16/97 11:56pm >>>
Hi Peter,

thanks for sending a copy of the CU Welcome message.  i will
be working with Aggo to format the AAM welcome message
along the lines of CU's message. also, i think i should be able
to handle the business of adding people to the AAM list, unless
you want to go ahead and do it.  if you are going to do it, please
note that one of the addresses, has the word 'add' attached to it.
 i believe this is probably caused by a typo.

i'll leave it at that until later.  again, thanks so much for your help,
and have a great weekend!

Katim

----------
> From: Peter Munoz <[log in to unmask]>
> To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
> Subject: File: "CU WELCOME"
> Date: Thursday, October 16, 1997 9:23 AM
>
> Katim, Aggo:
>
> This is the CU Welcome message.  After editing it for AAM, If
you
> wish, you may return it to me for setting to list; or you may
send it
> to listserv from your address.  Thanks.  pm

> <[log in to unmask]> 10/15/97
03:30pm

> Welcome to the Communities United (CU) discussion list.
This
> list is being brought to you through the kind sponsorship of St.
> Johns University.
>
> CU is a private list for the purpose of facilitating
> communications among CU members.  The CU organization
> was established in 1996 to address social justice issues
> impacting our diverse communities in the Madison area.
> Specifically, the list will be used to distribute announcements,
> action alerts, meeting agenda and minutes, as well as to
> provide a discussion forum on issues relevant to our
> communities.  We encourage increased participation in CU,
so
> if you wish to submit membership nominations, please
contact