VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 12 May 2019 21:28:47 -0700
7bit
Sender:
From:
Hi All,,

I'm curious about people's experiences with the Windows Store and with
nondesktop apps. Every now and then I try to use both, and I mostly
don't get very far, but I'm not sure whether the problem is me or Windows.

For example, today I tried installing a winmail.dat reader from the
Windows store. Using the store was doable. I did some muddling, and the
experience was better with NVDA and Narrator than it was with Jaws,
though honestly the experience felt like too much work,, but it's also
possible that I would become proficient if I used the Store more often.

The app itself was another story. I couldn't figure it out, not the
logic of the UI or the steps for opening or converting the file. Most
likely it's not accessible, but then I think I heard someone on this
list say they've used the nondesktop version of Audible when my results
with it were very haphazard. I'm also not sure where these nondesktop
apps are located so I can uninstall them.

If anyone has experience with the Windows Store or with nondesktop apps,
do share any tips and tricks.

Thanks.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at