VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Apr 2019 18:13:21 -0400
Hi all,

Using Jaws 2018, on a windows 1809 desktop.

I have been using internet explorer, but today, in checking out my daily
web sites, when I went to a web site, it literally told me that this web
site no longer works with internet explorer.

So, yours truly, exported all my favorites from IE over to Google
Chrome, and it was easy, however, I have 2 questions which I don't know
how to solve:

1. I, thanks to Jonies great email, about saving the list of bookmarks
folder as an html file, and I will forward that email to the list after
I send this one, can now see that fantastic, and I mean fantastic, html
file of all my bookmarks. It is wonderful folks!

However, what I don't like is, it saves it to my documents folder,
instead of the downloads folder, I don't know why, it saves it to that
folder. Anyone know why it does that? The interesting thing is, any
other download from the internet is saved to my downloads folder, where
I want downloads saved.

2. As usual, Chrome, does not alphabetize the bookmarks. You have some
alphabetized, and then it skips around, because below my last one that
starts with z, yes, I have one that starts with z, there are more
bookmarks that should have been up in the list in earlier letters, and,
it does the same thing in the html file. Does anyone know how to
organize them so all of them, are in alphabetical order, just like they
are in Internet explorer?

Making progress,

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at