VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 2020 11:27:54 -0800
You can fast forword and rewind in YouTube without turning off your
screen reader.

This works for me in Chrome and in Edge with Jaws, Narrator, and NVDA:

* Open your browser, and go to a YouTube video.

* When you're in the video, repeatedly press the letter B to find the
Play/Pause button.

* Arrow up once from Play/Pause to find the position seek slider.

* Do whatever you need to do to get out of review mode. In Jaws orNVDA,
press the space bar, or in Narrator, press caps-lock+space to turn off
Scan mode. Depending on your browser or screen reader, the video may
stop or start playing at this point.

* Use the left or right arrow key to move backward or forward in
five-second increments.

* When you're done, go back into your screen reader's review mode. In
Jaws, press space; in NVDA, press escape; in Narrator, press
caps-lock+space. This moves focus out of the seek slider so you can't
change playback position.

Again, this works for all three screen readers on both of those browsers.