VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stan Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Berman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 19:57:19 -0400
Harry:

If you read the reviews and ratings for the hosting companies they often
have the data from  tests of loading speeds, and uptime rates which can also
affect the speed with which you see a page load.  Then there are the large
global networks that carry the content from the hosting server to your
computer, and those data are possible to track..  There is a web site that
provides a wealth of information  and tools to track internet traffic
volumes and speeds, as well as many other tools.    One of the factors that
has to be considered in loading time is the location of the host server and
where you are ... and it is not just a simple matter to evaluate the
circumstances; there are alternative routes from a given server to your
computer and the distances can vary depending on the routing because the
mileage could be different, but also because the speed over certain sections
of the route could be different.

Take a look at http://www.dnsstuff.com and check out some of the many tools.

Stan