VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2017 17:48:07 -0700
Dan,

The BrailleBack that is currently in beta has a few nice improvements.

* You can write in contracted braille.

* You can turn on word wrap.

* You can change between computer braille and contracted braille on the fly.

* A new display has been added to the list of supported braille
displays. I think it's the vario, but I don't remember.

In terms of stability and general behavior, the beta version of
BrailleBack is pretty much the same as the version currently available
on the play store. In other words, I'm noticing the same quirks (e.g.,
inconsistent page scrolling behavior). Based on the comments posted to
the Eyes-Free list, there does seem to be some variability from display
to display. My unit, the Seika Mini, seems to be working fairly well.
People with other units seem to have more problems.

Ciao