VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 28 Jan 2019 12:41:12 -0600
From:
Dan TeVelde <[log in to unmask]>
Hello All,

I'm not surprised about the windows phone news. Microsoft had potential but couldn't  get its act together.  There was an accessibility solution but it didn't get good reviews.  There was always a rumor that Microsoft was going to make the operating system compatible with NVDA but that never happened either.  So now they've completely given up on mobile and are letting Apple and google have the market.

With regard to Samsung, as a blind person I would stay away from their phones.  They have an accessibility solution but it doesn't work as well as TalkBack.  In addition, some of the accessibility features Samsung puts on their phones interfere with TalkBack.  The best Android screen reading experience to take advantage of the latest Android is the new google Pixel phones.  Unfortunately, they are expensive.  We use them at work and I'm really starting to like android better.  That will make Anna Garza who is on this list happy.  I say this about Android despite the very limited Braille support.  Ideally I would like to have both Android and iOs devices but that's not in my budget.

Dan