VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2017 10:00:40 -0400
Hi Rachel,

I am running Windows 7 and JAWS 17 on a custom-built desktop that has
plenty of RAM and storage, but I am having identical issues with
Thunderbird. In addition, my system often freezes, crashes or reboots
itself without warning or for any apparent reason. I suspect that the
culprit for the crashes may be either my video or sound card or both. I
think Thunderbird's issues could be its own. I find its slowdowns and
delays infuriating. I am using version 52 and that has the added "bonus"
of JAWS not being able to read the list of messages-I have to look at
each message individually, which again slows me down. One of these days
I may have to just purchase a new desktop (or replace the guts of my
existing one) and invest in a copy of Outlook.

Also, one more thought that just popped into my head, my system will
sometimes crash while I am composing a message in Thunderbirtd. So much
so, I have gotten into the habit of continually saving my message while
I am composing it, although Thunderbird will do this itself as well,
although I have not played with setting the interval. I think
Thunderbird will often slow down to a crawl while it is saving a message
in the background.

- Duane