VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 19:49:59 -0400
Hi, everyone.
I began using Chrome a few weeks ago and am still getting used to it.
Maybe for the last week or so, I've been getting these weird "pop-up"
messages from it, such as, "In a ventilator shortage, who gets one?", or
"How long can the coronavirus live on surfaces?", or "What temperature
is considered to be a fever?" - short little one-line messages/questions
like these.  It appears that Chrome isn't actually open when these
messages appear - they just interrupt what I'm doing, switching my focus
from the screen I'm in to Chrome.  When I've tried Tabbing from the
message, it shows that the site is www.health.com, and I've been asked,
at least sometimes, if I want to go to this site.  These pop-up messages
change each day - maybe twice a day - though I haven't paid that much
attention to when or how often. Does anyone know why I'm getting these
messages? I can't help but wonder if it's a virus.  I can't say I've
ever seen this kind of thing before from a Web browser.
Any thoughts about this are appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]