VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2017 13:04:34 -0500
Hi All,

I have the iTunes software installed on my Windows 7 desktop. I have
been trying to learn the program on the fly. I have succeeded (I think)
in backing up my iPhone 5 using the program. I have tried to do the same
for my wife's iPhone 4, but am unable to accomplish this. I sign in with
her Apple ID and password. When I connect her phone the program has
check boxes for both of our phones, but the one for hers is disabled and
I cannot select it. The only options presented are to set up the phone
as a new phone or restore it from one of my iPhone 5 backups.

How do I tell iTunes to back up my wife's phone? I have searched through
all of the menu options and tabbed everywhere I can but I cannot figure
it out. Even though I can sign in with her Apple ID and the software
does appear to "see" her phone, I am unable to do anything with it.
Suggestions?

The impetus for this is that we each have new iPhone SE's and we are
trying to get them up and running. My wife's phone has been initialized
but without any of her data from her iPhone 4. We don't have enough
space on either iCloud or DropBox to back up and retrieve her old data,
so if I can't figure out the issue with iTunes then we'll have to go to
the Verizon store and pay them the $20 to do the job, if they even can
at this point.

As for my new iPhone SE, I think all I have to do is remove the SIM card
from my iPhone 5 and put it into the SE. Then I can initialize it and
restore the data from iTunes. Can anyone offer advice on removing the
card from my old phone and putting it into the SE? I've not had to do
that before and I'm sure I'll need sighted assistance otherwise.

Sorry if I sound confused and frustrated because, well, that's exactly
what I am at the moment. All advice and help are welcome!

Thanks,
Duane

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]