VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2018 23:58:39 +0000
From:
George Bell <[log in to unmask]>
base64
Excellent advice.

Suggest you do not do the following, unless you do have a replacement keyboard.

We had accumulated around a dozen or so keyboards here in the office which were well used and had various faults such as sticking keys or ones which would not work.  So when I heard about this tip, I was pretty sceptical.

It was to put them in the dishwasher, with the coolest heat setting, and no detergent.

When the wash was completed, put them  into a warm cupboard for at least 3-4 days to allow them to dry out.  In our house we have what is called an "airing cupboard" where the hot water cylinder has shelves above it.

Believe it or not, all but 2 worked perfectly afterwards.

George