VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2017 09:59:58 -0500
Harry,

I've had 3 different cell phone providers and didn't have to change a number.  Whenever you change cell phone providers, do some advance planning so you know you won't lose your contacts or e-mails.  Always ask the cell providers what type of interface they have.  Even if you did have to change your phone number, this is common.  What makes you think you are so special that you shouldn't have to change your phone number.  Have a backup plan so if you don't have cell service, you can use a land-line phone, or ask to use someone else's phone.  I also don't see what low blood sugar has to do with a phone unless you were using some app.  You can always call 911 from any phone if you need emergency medical care.

With regard to e-mail addresses, you can always open a gmail account through Google.  The accounts are free, and you can use them on any computer or phone.  This is what everybody else does whether they are blind or sighted.

Sometimes I think you don't understand that life isn't fair, and things don't always work out the way you want.  You need to think things through and stop whining on this list.  Nobody is going to feel sorry for you.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone