VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2017 10:06:20 -0600
Hárry, you might consider NVDA.  It is free, and sometimes browsers like chrome work better with NVDA then JAWS.  I do accessibility testing and my company's standard testing environment for Windows is NVDA and Chrome.

You didn't say what type of site you were trying to use, but that could also make a difference.  Some sites which have a lot of social media options, news articles, blogs, and multimedia will refresh from time to time.  This is a trend we won't be able to stop so we will need to get used to it.  Right now there is a lot of discussion about replacing a virtual viewer with some other option which loads part of the page at a time so screenreaders can cope with refreshing browsers.  I have read several technical articles about this, and it's not a matter of if but when this will hahappen.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]