VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2017 07:37:17 -0700
Harry, I don't know how to make it stop happening, but I'll tell you, my IE browser, that' I've been using for something like 20 years I think, is increasingly working on less and less sites. Back 17 or 18 years ago webmasters tried to make sites work with as many browsers as possible. But, as with much of the world in general, this has gone completely bass-ackwards since then. Developers increasingly don't seem to give a hoot about IE.

My IE browser with Windows 8.1 will no longer load PayPal pages, I think due to their new pop-up they've implemented. Several people have lost sales from me recently because I cannot successfully get to the PayPal purchase page to complete my order, when the page shifts from ClickBank, JVZoo, and WarriorPlus to the PayPal page. It closes out my browser every time now. Increasinly hindersome, indeed. Yes, I could switch to using Firefox more regularly. I could even go with Chrome. But darn it -- I don't want to! ;-)

Life will go on without us, though, if we continue down such a path. I remember being somewhat sarcastic back when I worked with Henter-Joyce and took calls from those who were adamant about not switching from DOS to Windows. Now, I'm one of those who is fighting the inevitable switchover.

Why, oh why, do idiots who get paid for this stuff, always have to change what people like, when it works just fine? Sheesh.

Rant Over! Merry Christmas, Yall!  Life Is Good...  When We Let It Be. ;-)
Everett