VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 2020 11:49:28 -0400
Hi all,

I've had a cell phone for 11 years, and never did this till last night.
I heard it say "battery low", but I was busy doing something else, and
I, forgot, to plug in the phone, never did that before and I better
never do it again either!!!

So, I plugged in the phone, and it didn't beep, I had no idea what was
happening.

So, this morning, I tried it again, and the phone still did nothing.

So now, at that moment, I'm getting concerned, because I have no cell
phone, and I'm in desperate need of it, because I don't go anywhere
without a cell phone, because I almost got severe frost bite, when I got
lost, and I had no cell phone to call for help, in 10 degree weather,
and all I could do was yell for help, and it took a half hour for
someone to hear me.

Well, this morning, I called Kyocera for tech support and they asked me,
"do you have a green light on the phone that is on?"

I had no idea if it was on or not.

So, I had to call a friend, and he came over, and said, "Harry, your
phone is off, that's why you're not hearing anything on the phone", and
he turned the phone back on, so, I have a what to do folder on my
computer and backed up on my flash drive, so, I wrote this little what
to do tip. I also called Kyocera back and told them how it was fixed,
and to pass it on to everyone else in their tech support department.

Folks, I didn't know it was off, at all.

So, here's the what to do tip for anyone else with a Dura XVLTE phone.

"what to do if you run the Dura XV LTE phone all the way down, and you
plug in the charger and it doesn't beep
step 1. The phone is not on, because it turned off, so just press the
power button on the phone, it's the key above the 3 key."

Hoping I never run my phone down ever again,

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]