VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 2022 10:04:52 -0700
Hi All,

I have a couple of AOL accounts. They require two-level authentication,
which I've set up by going to the AOL site, going into Settings, and
creating an app password for each account and each email client. The app
password is what I enter into my email client. Everything has been
working fine.

Then yesterday, one of my AOL accounts stopped working on my desktop.
When I open Thunderbird, I keep getting a notification telling me to
enter my credentials. The same account is working fine on my phone, and
my other AOL account is working fine on the same desktop. Initially, I
ignored the notification, thinking Thunderbird was being buggy, but I'm
still getting the notification today, so my question is ...

* Do these app passwords expire?

I created my app passwords at different times. I think I created this
one first, but it's been so long that I don't really remember. I'm
wondering whether I should try to recover and reenter this password or
just create a new one.

Thanks for any wisdom.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at