VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2020 21:50:57 -0400
I have Viasat and I had Hughs net and they are unusable junk. They don't
offer high data plans and their speeds are not as advertised and they
have very high lag and very high pings.  Hughs net highest data plan is
only 50 gigs per month and they give you free 50 gigs at night from 2-8
am.  How many people are even up at that time?  tTheir site says that
when you go over your data your speeds will be reducd to 1-3 mgbs but
you will go down to killobytes.  wWhen I was not over my data my speeds
were soposed to be 25 mgbs but that was not the case.  I have Viasat and
I pay for 30 mgbs with 100 gigs permonth.  Again my speeds are not as
advertised.  When I go over my data my speeds are soposed to 1-5 mgbs
but I again go down to killobytes.  At night my speeds go down to 2 mgbs
and kilobytes.  I have had Viasat for about 3 months or so and I am on
my second modem.  mMy first one died so I had a new one installed.  My
first modem was a used one they knew had problems with.  When I had my
Viasat installed the installer did not put ina new coax cable.  Neither
did Hughs net.  The cable that I have is one that I had for direct tv
about 5 years ago. The cable is bad and Viasat refuses to replace it
with a new cable they say it's fine.  tThe cable atenuation is soposed
to be 37.5 and I get 0.0 db gain.  On sattlite the pings are soposedto
be between 500 and 650 milaseconds and on both Hughs net and Viasat I
have pings from the uper 600s to over 1,000 milaseconds.  Viasat has
blocked my phone number because they did not like the way that I talked
to their reps.  They told me that they will not unblock my phone
number.  I turned them in to the Fcc 15 complaints but so far nothing
has gotten done about my problems.

BBrian Sackrider

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]