VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Terri Hedgpeth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jan 2020 21:44:50 +0000
Hello Dan,

As others have mentioned, it is great to have many choices. Also, phones made for special niche populations is not unusual. For example the Jitter Bug phone, and a couple other Android based button phones with simplified interfaces. I bought one a few years ago for my Dad who was in his eighties and wanted to be able to take pictures and send and receive pics from friends and family, send text, have all his contacts available, oh and make phone calls. LOL

At the time the regular flip phones did not offer all these options, the writing on the buttons was to small with little contrast, etc.

I am 60, use a iPhone 11 Pro, but at some point I like others will be stepping off the technology tridmill.

Best,

Terri

Terri Hedgpeth, Ed.D.

Director, Accessibility, EOSS-TT

901 S. Forest, McClintock Hall, 109

Arizona State university

Tempe, AZ 85281

Diversity is being invited to the party; inclusion is being asked to dance.

Verna Myers, author and speaker