VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Everett Gavel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2018 12:48:09 -0600
Hi Harry,

I haven't used Firefox in a while, but here is some older info that might
still work. Pretty typical stuff. It'd be odd to have changed, but you never
know, I guess:

Firefox 6 Bookmarks
ctrl+b or ctrl+i Show or hide bookmark sidebar
ctrl+shift+b Organize bookmarks
ctrl+d Add bookmark
ctrl+shift+d Bookmark all tabs. In the "create in" menu, use alt+down to
choose bookmark destination
alt+b, then press a-z or number Open bookmark menu and press first letter of
a bookmark name to load them. More than one entry with the same letter,
requires repeatedly pressing the letter and hit enter

CTRL+b should show your list of bookmarks, if they've been imported
successfully. Here's hoping.

HTH,
Everett

> On Jul 31, 2018, at 12:29 PM, Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Hi all,
> First, to Ted, thank you so much for your great step by step instructions
on importing my favorites over to Firefox from IE.

> Secondly, while you have first letter navigation with jaws and NVDA when
navigating the bookmarks, you do not have 2 letter navigation with jaws or
NVDA, I tried both.
> I did try to find the bookmarks folder in firefox, because if I could find
the bookmarks folder in my profile, I could use that folder and use 2 letter
navigation like I can currently do, in internet explorer, because I know
where the favorites folder is for internet explorer.
> Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to find the bookmarks
folder for Firefox?Here's what I did to try to find the bookmarks folder for
Firefox:

> step 1. click on this pc, or, if your local disc c drive is on your
desktop like mine is, then click on local disc c
> step 2. click on users.
> step 3. click on your name because that's the account that's yours.
> step 4. click on app data.
> step 5. click on roaming.
> step 6. click on Mozilla.
> step 7. click on firefox.
> step 8. click on profiles.
> step 9. You should only have 1 file in that folder, and that is your
profile, so click on that file.
> That's as far as I get, and I cannot find the bookmarks folder for
firefox.

> Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]