VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2018 15:59:20 -0400
Hi all,

Using the new windows 10 update, it's 1803, and the April update of Jaws.

Hopefully, nobody will have this problem, but if you do, now, thanks to
what I went through, you will know how to fix it, if it happens to you.

This happened 4 times, this morning, and I didn't know how to fix it, so
I had to do 4 hard shut downs, because I had no speech, with any screen
reader.

When you turn on your computer, after Jaws starts talking, it might go
to the taskbar. If it does, you won't have speech. So, this is what you
do to fix it. Just press insert f10 which is the same as a right mouse
click, and you'll be in the context menu, and then, you have speech
again. The only way I found this out was, I had this problem this
morning, and I had to call Rick, my computer guy, and he hooked the
computer up to the monitor, and all he had to do was, use his mouse and
do a right mouse click, and he got speech back. So, I told him, "let me
restart it now, and see if I can do the same thing with shift f10 and it
worked.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]