VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 2017 16:28:57 -0700
Hi All,

Is there a keyboard command for starting and stopping dictation or voice
commands in Windows 10 Creators?

I remember setting dictation up in an earlier version of Windows, maybe
Windows 8. What I'm pretty sure I recall is using a keyboard command to
start and stop dictating, similar to the Mac. Voice recognition was
pretty bad, so I didn't keep it up.

I've been thinking about trying dictation again, but I'm not finding the
right information. I know that if you press enter on the Start Listening
button, which is next to the search box (i.e., after you pres the
Windows key), the computer starts listening. That seems to work for me
so I can give Windows commands, like "Open Thunderbird," but I'm not
sure how it works for dictation. I've also read that pressing Windows+c
puts Cortana in listening mode, but I don't think that's working, or
maybe I'm just not understanding.

Any ideas or help pages on using the keyboard to start/stop dictation
in, say, an email or Word file.

Thanks in advance.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at