VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 12:03:03 -0400
Hi, everyone.

Just recently, and for no apparent reason that I'm aware of, I began to
notice that my Sent mailbox in Thunderbird was grouping messages with
the same subject and recipient into threads.  I noticed it saying
"collapsed" where I'd never seen it before. Right-arrowing expands the
thread so that I can see all of the messages in it.  This isn't always
the case, though.  Sometimes I'll check my Sent box to make sure a
message I just sent actually did get sent; and if it's part ofa thread,
I don't always even see the latest message at all.  I tried going into
the Context menu and the View, Threads menu and choosing Ignore Thread;
but all that's ever done is to make it so I can't see any of the
messages I've sent to that specific person - they're seemingly
completely gone from my Sent box.  I also tried Ignore Subthread, though
that didn't do anything; and I don't even know what that means.

I don't want my messages grouped into threads; I just want each
individual message I send to be there in my Sent box as it was before.
How do I return Thunderbird back to the way it used to be; and is there
a way to get back, or see once again, those messages that seemingly have
disappeared? I'm using JAWS 18.0.2738 and Thunderbird 45.8.  And after
all I'm reading about the difficulties people are having using the
latest Thunderbird with JAWS, I'm leery of updating Thunderbird any
further. I hope those of you who've experienced these issues have let
VFO Group know what's going on.

Thanks for any help any of you can provide.

Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]