VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2021 02:26:29 -0400
8bit
Sender:
From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Hi all,

Using Jaws 2020, and windows 10, latest update.

Evrything was workin great, until about an hour ago.

I turned on the computer, I got no windows music, I got no jaws speech,
until the computer was on the desk top, and it all came on at once.

So, what to do?

I went into my what to do section in the computer notebook folder, where
I have a what to do section for all the computer problems I have had in
the last 23 years, and how I solved them, step by step!

So, yours truly, found the problem in the what to do section, and I:

step 1. Did a regular shut down.

step 2. Then, after the computer shut off, I unplugged the computer from
the tower I have that my computer guy, Rick, sells. It's got 12 outlets,
and it looks like a tower.

step 3. Then, I counted to 1 minute.

step 4. Then, I plugged the computer back into the tower.

step 5. Then, I turned on the computer, and what do ya know, it booted
up, without any problem!

So, there you go. I haven't done a reset for a long time with this
computer, it's been workin great, but it needed a good old reset.

So, If something is not workin right on your computer, try doing what I
did, you'll love it!

  Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]