VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2017 21:54:30 -0700
Hi All,

A month or two ago, we had a discussion about making videos. I think
Keith started the thread. He wanted to know how to do it as a blind
person, and I was very interested too because I suspect I'll need to
make instructional videos for my teaching job.

Recently I had a conversation with a friend who's been teaching online
classes for a couple of years now. I asked her what her videos were like
(e.g., closeups of her face). She said that her early videos were of her
sitting in front of a video camera speaking, but as she started looking
around to see what other people were doing, she noticed that most people
showed screenshots with their voices as background, so now she uses the
screenshot approach. For example, she might put together a powerPoint
presentation and show a still of a slide while she lectures on it, or
she might show a still of a sample paragraph with her changes or
corrections as she talks about why she's doing what she's doing.

I did ask about what she does specifically to make it happen, but that
led to one of those conversations about clicking the orange circle and
dragging to the box at the bottom, so the step-by-step stuff is for us
to figure out. The one thing that was clear is that she records and
edits the audio track in Audacity or something similar, then does all
her clicking and dragging to link the recording to her slides,
screenshots, etc.

I'm sharing this information because it makes the idea of producing
videos much less daunting to people who can't see.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]