ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2017 22:01:40 -0600
My only daughter came home pregnant after she ran away for three months.  Our oldest grandson, now 21, was born when Gretchen was 16.  In her twenties, she left her two boys, signed over guardianship of her first son to Sandy and I, and lived practically on the streets as a drug addict for a couple of years.  During her early twenties, she secretly had an abortion but Sandy figured it out.  I love my daughter as much as ever and just as our Heavenly father loves us.  I have prayed with several who have had abortions and as an intercessor, the sadness comes through loud and clear but I can only view it from the standpoint of being a father.  I often thought, over the years, of volunteering at a Christian clinic for Christian women so I could pray with them about what they have suffered but my health isn’t good enough to do that now.  I did pray with many hurting women over the phone for several years and thank God I got to pray with those having damaged emotions.  I prayed with a lady in England, I forget her name now, but she had three abortions.  God brought a great deal of healing into her life.