VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2018 07:16:39 -0800
Harry,

Christopher is right. When I'm working on my computer, I save
frequently. In most cases, this means pressing ctrl+s every so often. If
I'm drafting a document, for example, I do it every time I hit enter or
every time I pause to think. If I'm doing lots of revision, I hit ctrl+s
every time I move to a new sentence.

I don't do much audio editing, but when I do it, I hit ctrl+s every time
I finish an operation (e.g., after pasting something or after deleting
something).

I do the same with spreadsheets: whenever I add or change some info, I
hit ctrl+s.

Of course, when I'm in the throes of getting stuff done, I forget to
ctrl+s all the time, but having experienced many crashes over the years,
I still ctrl+s whenever I think about it. When I do have a crash,
something which happens about once a month, I do lose a little work, but
because ctrl+s is second nature for me, I don't loose much--enough to do
some swearing, but not enough to put me seriously behind.

Ciao