VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2018 15:24:08 -0500
Hi all,

I have an echo dot, and it stopped responding to my commands.

So, I called the Amazon disability line, and talked with a wonderful man
there, who helped me fix it, and it's an easy fix!

So, if you ever have an echo dot that stops responding to commands, try
this first.

what to do if Alexa stops responding to your commands
step 1. Find the button with a dot on it.
step 2. Now, go across from the button with the dot on it, and that is
the mute unmute button, and press it quickly, and it should beep.
step 3. Now, give a command to Alexa, for example, Alexa, what time is it?
If she responds, it's fixed.

My thanks to the man from the tech support department at Amazon for this
helpful fix hint!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]