VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2016 16:49:05 -0700
Hi to all.

Over this past weekend, my computer was updated as well, and I found that when using Internet Explorer 11 to listen to audio files through any audio players other than Windows Media Player resulted in a question of whether I wanted to download or save the file. I contacted the Microsoft Help Desk for People with Disabilities, and after several attempted adjustments, I was told that Microsoft programmers had updated Internet Explorer 11 to do exactly what it was doing because too many viruses were being introduced to computers using Windows and Internet Explorer through audio players other than Windows Media player. As a result, I have since downloaded (and am now using) Firefox for most of my Internet operations (I looked at Google Chrome but perceived that the learning curve for that browser was much steeper than that for Firefox which utilizes many of Internet Explorer's commands). Anyway, what I was told was that the primary fix that occurred last weekend was to Internet Explorer 11.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.
---- Jeff Kenyon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Same here on about Friday or Saturday there was an update, but I don’t know to what.  I had always assumed that aniversery had been installed about a month or so ago when it first came out.  I’m wondering if I should take my computer in to get looked at or not.  None of the programs changed in terms of being default or not.

               The other thing that I wouldn’t mind chancing on this machine is the key that you have to press a long with the function key of your choice to make the machine do what normally happens and not something that pertains to the laptop.