VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 17 Aug 2019 12:08:15 -0700
8bit
From:
I have an answer, but I'm also going to add to this question.

One nice keyboard is the Plugable Bt-key3xl sold through AT Guys,
Amazon, and other places. I'm not sure what price range you have in
mind. This keyboard sells for about $60. The AT Guys product link is here:

https://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=27&products_id=305

Folded in its case, the Plugable is a flat square, about half an inch
thick and about 6x6.5 inches in length and width, and yes, it's
comfortable to type on. One nice feature is that, though it's a
bluetooth keyboard, you also have the option of connecting it to your
computer or cell phone via micro USB, so you can keep on typing if you
accidentally forgot to recharge and have the right cable/adapter. The
keyboard is sturdy enough for lap typing, but it'll probably have a
longer life if you put it on a hard surface, like a clipboard.

Now for my question:

Does anyone know of a bluetooth keyboard for Windows that has right alt
and ctrl keys?

I'll explain my problem in case the issue is actually Windows, not the
specific keyboard.

I'm running the newest version of Windows 10. I think it's called May
2019. I also have the Plugable keyboard, which is working fine. The only
drawback is that pressing the right ctrl key on this keyboard brings up
the Windows Search box (i.e., like pressing the Start/Windows key). As
someone who does a lot of text editing, I use the right ctrl key a lot
to cut, copy, paste, find, save, etc., so not having it was a big
disappointment.

Frustrated, I dusted off my old Universal foldable keyboard by
Microsoft, charged it, paired it, and discovered that pressing the right
ctrl key also brought up the Search box. I haven't used the Foldable
keyboard in a couple of years, so I can't swear on a stack of bibles
that this wasn't happening the last time I used it, but I'm pretty sure
I had use of the right ctrl key because I don't remember anything unusual.

So ... Do others of you have a right ctrl key on your Bluetooth
keyboard? If yes, what keyboard are you using or how did you get Windows
10 1903 to make it happen?

On 8/16/2019 3:15 PM, Rebecca Degeorge wrote:
> I am looking for an economical one to use with my iPhone; thanks.
>

> ???? VICUG-L is the Visually Impaired Computer User Group List.
> Archived on the World Wide Web at
> ???? http://listserv.icors.org/archives/vicug-l.html
> ???? Signoff: [log in to unmask]
> ???? Subscribe: [log in to unmask]