Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:40:12 -0600
At 10:29 PM 4/25/98 -0400, Ron Taylor wrote:

>I have a Soundblaster 16 SCSI.  I need to disable  the scsi controller.  I
>purchased the sound board second hand at a computer show.  I would like to
>know how to disable the scsi controller on the sound board as I already have
>an Adaptec 1542 scsi controller installed for the hard drive and the tape
>drive.

Ron,

I do not believe you can disable the SCSI feature on these SB cards.

You can set them to an IRQ and I/O address that will not conflict with
other devices...  or you can let Win95 assign them a driver and disable
the driver in your Device Manager.   But, reviewing the card settings
at Creative Labs, it does not appear you can just turn off the SCSI.

You can review the card settings at Creative Labs:

http://www.soundblaster.com/wwwnew/tech/spec/scard/ct1770.html

If you do not have access to the Web, send me an Email and I will
send you the appropriate page by Email.