VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jun 2016 02:47:30 -0400
Hi all,
Tonight, as I am up late, I'm reading some ham radio articles.
I'm using Jaws 17, on a windows 10 desktop, and, of course, Narrator is
also available if I need it.
So, I clicked on a link, to a 2nd page of ham radio news articles. With
jaws, the page just sat there, and did not load all of the page.
So then, I shut down jaws, and pressed Windows enter, and Narrator came
up talking.
Then, for the heck of it, I said, "I'm going to see if Narrator can read
this page, or not, and then, I'll know if it's a jaws issue, or, if it's
a case of a web page not loaded."
I pressed the reading command for Narrator, caps lock and the letter m,
and you know what? The page, the entire page, was read, by Narrator.
Now I know NVDA users are having the same problem, with this same web
site, and same web pages on the site.
So, try it for yourself, go to the link below that I've pasted in, and
if it doesn't load using Jaws or NVDA, shut down Jaws or NVDA, and press
windows key enter to launch Narrator, and then press the read command
caps lock m and you'll be amazed as I was.
Now, if I only could get the find command control f, to work with Narrator.
The link to this page is
http://www.eham.net/articles/?page=2&type=1
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at