VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2018 20:27:50 -0800
Hi All,

I did some shopping on Amazon the other day, and when my stuff arrived,
I realized I put the wrong thing in my cart. I want to return the item,
but I'm having trouble.

So ... I went into my orders and pressed enter on the Return button
associated with the item. The next screen has the item, which I'm
supposed to check; a combo box, where I select the option that best
describes why I'm making the return; and a button to continue.

I've only returned stuff a couple of times, so I don't remember the
process exactly, but this all sounds familiar. What I think I remember
is that, when I press enter on Continue, I get to a screen with
instructions about what to do and a return label I'm supposed to print
out and affix to the package.

What's actually happening is nothing. When I activate the Continue
button, the screen doesn't change. I've tried Jaws and NVDA. I've tried
tabbing to the button and arrowing to it. I've tried pressing enter and
using mouse simulation. I've tried manually refreshing the page for the
screen reader and for the website. But I never get past that screen to
the label.

I'm using Windows 10 April 2018, Chrome, Jaws 18, and the latest version
of NVDA. If anyone has returned something from Amazon recently, I'd love
to hear your wisdom.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]