VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan TeVelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2017 10:05:49 -0500
Harry,

Here are a few things to check.  Check your downloads folder to see if the file downloaded from the website.  If so, check to see if the file is defined to windows.  If it isn't, find the file, and use the applications key to get a list of programs, and pick Winamp.  Use Cortana to search for the file.  Type part of the name you are expecting.  Cortana will search your hard drive, and if it doesn't find anything there, it will search the Internet.  Your file should have saved to the downloads directory unless you picked some other location.  It is also possible that you saved a link instead of the actual file.

One other consideration.  Is there a particular reason you want to use Winamp?  I'm not sure how up-to-date that program is.  Does it support current file typesthat you have used before?  Everyone I know either streams stations with their phones, or uses YouTube.  I don't know anyone who downloads files from radio stations anymore.  You could also go to the Internet radio station, try to play the stream, and see what programs your browser suggests to play the file.  If you are traveling on vacation, consider how you are going to keep the file with you.  Are you going to play it on an audio player like the Victor Stream, or are you going to stream the file from a phone?  These are all things to consider.

Take a deep breath, and try to analyze the problem again.  Break it down into small steps.  Each time a step works, then go on to the next one.  When you find a step that doesn't work, isolate the problem.  You can also search the Internet using Google to see if you can get more information that way.

Dan