VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Oct 2022 08:42:59 -0400
Here are a couple of pieces written about a bill, recently introduced
in the US Senate and House that is aimed at digital accessibility.
Before rushing to gain co-sponsorship of your house or Senate member,
I hope you'll take the time to read and digest information about it.
This information came to me via "Accessibility Weekly Issue #313

WEBSITE AND SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS ACCESSIBILITY ACT INTRODUCED
POSTED ON: September 29, 2022 WRITTEN BY: Ken Nakata
https://convergeaccessibility.com/2022/09/29/website-and-software-applications-accessibility-act-introduced/

 A first look at the Websites and Software Applications Accessibility Act Bill
“This week, Sen. Tammy Duckworth and Rep. John Sarbanes introduced a
digital accessibility bill called the Websites and Software
Applications Accessibility Act (or the #A11yAct, if you’re on Twitter)
to Congress. If passed, it would build on the Americans with
Disabilities Act, and lead to clearer regulations for digital
accessibility requirements in the US.”
October 1, 2022 by Ben Myers
https://benmyers.dev/blog/a11yact-bill/

--