ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 2003 07:59:29 -0600
Hahahah, you're always such a ball of sunshine Villano.
We are naturally scared of highways and high trafic areas.  I think as long
as we stick to that healthy fear, we will be ok.
This is a small town full of country/friendly people and everyone who sees
us has to ooh and ah over the baby and they realize how our lives are not
"easy.  I think most if not all will feel as the two people who stopped us
last night did.
They were impressed with the bike first of all because they had never seen
such a thing.
But both went on and on about how great it was for us and so on.
There are old folks here who know nothing but worrey or maybe the nice word
is concern but these were the people who were worried about my walking to
the mailbox by myself and they have just had to get used to the fact that it
can be done and no blood is lost.  I think they will get used to this as
well.
Besides, Terri steers and I think they consider her safe, because I am
clearly disabled and she is not so much as one can see.
As for the laws, I worried about that a bit but as I have told you,
I moved here so that I wouldn't have to worrey as much as I did in the big
city.  We're going to wing it as far as  that gos and stick to the quiet
streets we know and where we are known.
There is a police presence here and in fact we don't live far from police
and fire station but it is very much a "If you aren't bugging anybody we
won't bug you."  kind of attitude.
We love our child, we love one another and we try to be as independant as
possible.
I think people see all of that and that's about all we can do.  We bought
the bike to improve our life not to cause problems or become a trafic
hazard.  Mainly what I expect here is a lot of staring and wonderment,
waving and smiles.  If the law wants to be tacky to us then we will just
have to overcome and/or aulter our behavior.
I don't wave my cane around and shout as much as I used too.
It's an anger issue and as I say, I am working on that and on being a better
person in general.

Take Care,

Matt