ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:32:00 -0500
Matt,
You are showing wisdom here.  It is a sign of your beginning to mature in
christ.
  In Hebrews 5:13-14, the writer says, "You need milk, not solid food!
Anyone who lives on milk,  being still an infant, is not acquainted with
the teaching about righteousness.  But solid food is for the mature, who
by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil."
Matt, when you think of an infant, or young child, the food needs to be
highly processed because their digestive system can't handle food that
adults enjoy, but we would never expect them to stay that way.  In fact,
if they did, we would have them off to the pediatrician to see what was
wrong!  It's the same with our spiritual lives.  Our food is God's word.
It's okay to have the highly processed stuff for a while, but we should
never be content to rest there.  Our goal should be to mature, to learn,
to draw closer to God through His word and prayer, or conversation, with
Him.  Just as a parent longs for the day when he or she can enjoy a
mature conversation with  the off spring, God is no different.  He longs
for you to drink deeply, learn completely for yourself and talk to Him to
make sure that you are well grounded in His  truth.  If you always keep
in mind what you desire from your daughter in a relationship, you will
understand what God wants to have with you.  I've said it before and I'll
say it tell I die, I've learned more about God from parenting than from
any bible class I ever took in college.    Now, God has me taking His
course on unconditional love.  Unfortunately, it's a requirement, not an
elective, but I am learning just the same.
        Again, God bless you Matt and feel free to ask away.  That's what
we're all about, growing deeper in Christ together.
IN HIm,
Kathy

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!