From:
Kristine Renee Penner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 1995 07:24:24 -0700

> On March 23rd, Janet Thomas wrote:
>
> > Right now my burning question is:  How can I keep lunches
> > interesting and varied?

Things I did for lunch when I was little were almond butter and honey
sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, turkey sandwiches, egg salad sandwiches,
gelatin (KNox unflavored with any relatively potent juice, or else it
tastes bland).  Liquid yogurt is also good.  Alta dena makes different
flavors (NOT kefir; liquid yogurt) and you can usually get a health food
store to order it for you. IF you can't, we always used to make our own
with plain yogurt, cranberry or cherry juice and apple concentrate. If
you want the exact recipe, let me know.  Another fun thing is waffle
sandwiches.  My mom makes heart waffles and then you can make sandwiches
with those - either almond/peanut butter and honey/jam, or cream cheese
and honey/jam, etc.  My latest is shakes made with 1 cup of juice, a
yogurt and frozen fruit. IF you put this in a thermos, and your child
shakes it up right before, these can be VERY yummy.  Leftover (or fresh)
pasta salad can be good too. IE Mrs Leper's (the twirly ones that are green
red and white, sorry I forgot the name)with chicken and dressing.   Carrot
sticks and fruit at the bottum yogurts were also other lunch additions. Just
thought I'd pass on what I did.

Kristine