From:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Dolcourt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 2015 05:50:57 +0000

Dear List Mates,
We're back from nearly a month in the UK where one can buy toaster crumpets in the gluten-free section of many markets.But I haven't seen crumpets where we shop in California, so the plan is to make these a home. I've been into development mode again.

The good news is the taste--even better than before. The bad news is that my crumpets don't look like the commercial ones: I'm having problems with the holes. However in the process of working on crumpets again I've discovered an easy-to-make, non-fussy roll. This could be a hamburger bun or it could be made fancier with cheese or cinnamon and raisins. Here is where to look: go to http://bit.ly/GF_Bake and navigate to the section on breads. Scroll down to Rolls and Small Breads and travel down the alphabet to C. The new recipe is marked with a red chevron (>).
By the way, this recipe uses much less xanthan gum and isn't crumbly. If you are anti-xanthan gum it might work without the stuff. Give it a try.

 If you have discovered how to keep the holes in crumpets from filling in please let me know.
VicSunnyvale, CA