VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Keith Bundy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Bundy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2018 13:30:43 +0000
Hi, Rachel. I find the quality of the assistance offered by Aira agents to be vastly superior to that offered by some of the Be My Eyes volunteers. I believe this to be the result of two factors.

First, Aira has a very stringent process for selecting agents, meaning that agents must meet strict criteria in both skill level and personality. With Be My Eyes, anyone can volunteer, which can be both good and bad.

Second, Aira agents receive very thorough training as to how to be most helpful to the individual who is seeking assistance. In addition, they have a profile for each explorer who subscribes, letting them know things about the explorer such as level of description preferred.

Aira also provides the smart glasses, which, for me at least, are vastly superior to using the phone's camera. Also, I find the time to connect to an Aira agent is usually much less than that of connecting to a Be My Eyes volunteer.

There is still definitely a place for Be My Eyes, but, all in all, I find Aira to be superior at this point. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

I believe

Keith Bundy

Digital Accessibility Consultant & Trainer

7807 Creekridge Circle  |  Minneapolis, MN 55439

Direct +1 605 480 0976  |   [log in to unmask]

Facebook   Twitter   LinkedIn

Unsubscribe