VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 2 Jun 2018 13:00:49 -0700
I've been using Chrome long enough that I don't really remember what was
new or different about it. If you were a Firefox user, many of the
commands are similar:

* ctrl+l to search or open a URL.

* ctrl+d to bookmark a page.

* Alt+f to get into the menu, which you can up/down-arrow through for
more options.

* Alt+f, then B, then right-arrow once to get into your list of
bookmarks, which you can move to by arrowing or by using first-letter
navigation. The only bookmarks you can't jump to are the ones that start
with B.

A lot of standard browser commands work with Chrome, like ctrl+n for
opening a new page and F6 for jumping to the address bar.

Off hand, the only weirdness I can think of is that downloads don't
always start automatically. For example, when I want to read an Audible
book, I go to the Audible website and press enter on the Download link
in My Library; then I press F6 a couple of times to get into the Chrome
Downloads window, and I press enter on the link for the book, which may
be something like admhelper or may be a random string of characters.
Similarly, when I'm trying to download an installer, I click on whatever
download link, press F6 a couple of times to get to the download window,
then press enter on the *.exe link.