VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2018 19:14:44 -0500
On the service this might not sound like this is blindness related but
indirectly it is.  If you can't get internet from cable or your line
phone companies then your only other option is sattlite internet.  I
live in an apartment complex on the 8th flor of a 10 story building.  We
only have one pervider of internet in our building thats comcast and
they blocked me for complaining about my internet speed.  They have told
from corperate that I can never get serviceever again.Just alot of
complexes they require dish antennas to be mounted in a bucket.  I
called both huzenet and viosat and they will not install my dish because
it's in a bucket.  I also got the same answer fromdish network and
direct tv.  They might as well say that they don't service people in
complexes.  I told them all that this is discrimination against people
in complexes.  if you are blind you will not have internet if you live
in a apartment complex.  Theese sattlite companies like to give me a big
pack of lies and say that my bucket mount is not a stable mount well
guess what it's the very best mount that you can get.  When I had direct
tv my dish did not move in 2 years and we have had winds up to 70 plus
miles per hour even huracane sandy.  If you are blind or not and you
live in an apartment complex and you want to get sattlite internet well
just forget about it because it will never happen.  Basically I am told
that I don't have the right to have internet and we need a law to change
this.

Brian Sackrider

n8mnx

73