VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2016 19:15:56 -0800
The first couple of things I'm going to say are true of android. I
remember them being true of Kindle HDX, but it's been a few months, so I
may be misremembering.

On Android, you interrupt speech on a tablet just by touching a blank
part of the screen, like near an edge. I think that's what I did on the
Kindle as well.

This method doesn't work for interrupting music. if the last thing you
touched was the Play button, you should be able to double-tap anywhere
on the screen to toggle it. If you want to do something else on another
app while you're listening to music, you may try using the right angle
gestures to leave the music app. Sometimes that keeps focus on your last
control.

About sliders, in recent versions of TalkBack, you can touch the slider,
then either swipe anywhere on the screen or use the volume keys to
adjust them. If that doesn't work, touch the slider, then swipe along
the actual slider. It's one of those things that's hard to get the hang
of, but once you get it, things work. I don't remember if sliders
behaved differently on Kindle.

Here's a help page for the Kindle, and it mentions an on-board
accessibility help:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201588900

About BrailleBack, it's my understanding that Amazon has its own version
and that Google's version doesn't work on the Kindle. I never got
BrailleBack to work on the Fire HDX, but I sometimes use BrailleBack on
Android.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]