VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Tevelde <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2016 20:09:21 -0600
I got the Kindle Fire 7 a couple of weeks ago and it has some nice features for obtaining and playing music.  Amazon is now calling their screenreader VoiceView.  There is a tutorial which covers some of the basic gestures.  The only problems I have had are accessing sliders to adjust them and also finding a way to interrupt speech or stop music playing.  There isn't a manual for the screenreader and the tutorial doesn't cover much.
 I am having a problem with  getting BrailleBack to work at all.  Evidently Amazon has its own version and this one doesn't display text properly when reading a book.  Amazon customer service wasn't aware of BrailleBack and they were clueless to tell me what to do.  I haven't found much documentation on Google about BrailleBack either.  I tried the latest version of BrailleBack on an Android phone and that didn't work very well either.
Amazon is giving presentations at CSUN but I'm not sure how much they will cover.  I'm not even sure if Amazon has an accessibility team you can reach.  I did recognize some names listed in the CSUN abstract but I wouldn't know how to contact the people.

Dan

Sent from my iPhone